Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Three Songs and A Poem

I have three songs playing in my mind right now, like a repeating playlist in my iPod mini. In order, they are: Ricky Martin’s La Vida Loca, Norah Jones’ I’ve Got to See You Again, and James Blunt’s Goodbye My Lover. After a run of the three, I listen to Andy Garcia reading Pablo Neruda’s Tonight I Can Write the Saddest Lines. Whoa.

These songs and the poem translate how I am trying to erase YOU in my mind, you little witch of a woman. Oh, how could I forget you, how?

How could I forget your devil red lips and your mocha-colored skin?

Did you know that I can’t help myself and that I have to see you again?

But then, though I felt you were the one for me, I had to say goodbye, my lover.

For I know that my love cannot keep you forever. I no longer love you, for loving is so short, but forgetting is so long.

Ah, how could I forget you, how?

No comments:

Post a Comment