Friday, January 11, 2008

Sick at New Year's

I understand that this is a belated post, but what the heck. I just want to write about my sick New Year.

It was a horrible New Year's eve for me. I was sick, weak, and unable to do anything for the New Year's eve celebration. I was so sad being sick at that time because it was my first New Year's eve at home after 7 long years... To think that I did most of the food preparations and cooking for our family's Noche Buena.

It all started on Thursday, December 27 when I was out doing errands and I got soaked by the unexpected downpour. Heh. The following day I spent more than 5 hours ironing my cotton shirts. The day after that, thinking that I didn't want my apartment welcoming the New Year with my mess (and while already feeling the beginnings of bacterial onslaught), I spent the whole day cleaning, scrubbing, and dusting off everything which only made my already weak respiratory system give way to whatever bacteria was attacking it.

By Sunday (December 30), I couldn't get out of bed, I had fever, and my throat hurt like hell. I waited until the following morning (yes, I did) to go see a doctor, but by then I was ready for confinement. Luckily, the doctor did not recommend confinement, but gave me a broad-spectrum antibiotic, co-amoxiclav and another drug for my impending cough and cold. Ha. But not before he gave me a lecture on how careless I could have been during the holidays eating sweets, going out, and not taking precautions, blah-blah-blah... Heh. I was on antibiotics for the following 7 days, and well, my condition improved on the third day! Lucky me. I'm being extra careful now, though. Especially with this kind of totally unpredictable Los BaƱos weather. Can't afford to buy those co-amoxiclavs anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment