Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What Missive Maven Sent to The Archer

After the suprise post about the postcard I sent to Missive Maven (read previous post), I didn't know I was in for another suprise: a postcard from Missive Maven herself.

The postcard is a photo of Rhode Island's Newport Bridge, a suspension bridge that connects the City of Newport on Aquidneck Island and the Town of Jamestown on Conanicut Island. Yes, it's a photo of a bridge, and I'm quite thrilled because I'm slowly building up a collection of postcards showing bridges.


Just like the postcard I sent to her, Missive Maven also wrote about the pen and ink she used in writing her message to me. She used a Sheaffer Agio with a Fine nib, filled with Noodler's Eternal Hunter Green. Beautiful.

And now, for this postcard's pièce de résistance: the stamps! First its got a vintage car stamp showing a 1957 Lincoln Premier. This stamp is included in the second part of the 'America on the Move' series launched by the United States Postal Service last year. And then... it's got an Edgar Allan Poe stamp. It's the commemorative stamp launched this year to remember his 200th birthdate. Both stamps are Holy Grails in my collection. *Wink.*

Awesome! This postcard is just so awesome! First, it's got a bridge photo, then the sender used fountain pen to write to me, and lastly, it's got awesome stamps! I'm putting it in a sealed plastic before placing it in my postcards album. I just want to be sure it is protected enough and won't be damaged as people go through the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment