Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunday Mornings and Books

Only recently, Sunday morning has become clean-up time for me. I used to tidy up the house on Saturday or Sunday evenings, but that has changed lately. Though I love cleaning up at night when everything's quiet, Sunday morning has an envigorating charm that's simply perfect for dusting, mopping, and scrubbing. *Wink.* *Grin.*

I love waking up early on Sunday mornings while the neighborhood is still, while the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and toast fills the whole house, and while I could play the music I want without the mix-up of other music coming from my neighbors' radios. By 9am, RJFM's Rarest and Greatest starts, I turn off the classics and listen to the program which lasts until noon. As the program ends, I'm done with cleaning and it's time to go home for our family's Sunday lunch.

Yesterday morning, while tidying up the front room, I realized my table is overflowing with unread books, so many that the corner smells of bookpaper already!


These are all my unread books, not included on this stack are Haruki Murakami's Wind-up Bird Chronicle which I am currently on, and Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns which is on the way now after a friend bought it for me.

Yay. So many books... Guess I might just spend Sunday mornings reading instead of cleaning. *Chuckle.*

No comments:

Post a Comment