Thursday, May 13, 2021

Notebook Review: Victoria's Journals Smyth Fashion Flexy Dotted Bullet Journal

Victoria's Journals Smyth Fashion Flexy Dotted Bullet Journal

I've been a full-time fountain pen user for twelve years now and finding good quality paper products still gives me a different kind of high every time I find one. It's a feeling closely similar to finding a good nib, or a nice-flowing ink. As I gathered new products and materials for my blog, I came across Victoria's Journals againa line of notebooks available in our local bookstores. A stack of three different notebooks was sent to me from their manufacturer, and I am so happy to see that they are all friendly to fountain pens and ink.

I received a Copelle Gold Edition, an Old Book sketchbook version, and a Smyth Fashion Flexy Dotted Bullet Journal. Of the three, I was drawn to the smooth and soft leatherette cover of the Bullet Journal. It has a fountain pen-friendly 80gsm ivory wood-free paper, and the A5 size is just the perfect size for me! 

The A5 Bullet Journal's leatherette cover in burgundy is soft and smooth.

The Bullet Journal is available in four colors including burgundy, brown, blue, and black. It follows the regular A5 size measuring 5.8 x 8.3 inches (14.8 x 21cm).

Victoria's Journals logo is pressed onto the leatherette in the notebook's back cover.
The inside cover spread of Victoria's Journal's Smyth Fashion Flexy Dotted Bullet Journal offers space where one can write their details.

This A5 notebook contains 192 dotted pages of ivory wood-free paper. The paper is smooth and suitable for use for fountain pens, gel pens, pencils, or markers. The pages are Smyth-sewn, which gives the notebook durability and allows the pages to open flat. A lovely white ribbon page marker with a metal pendant bearing Victoria's Journals logo is attached to the notebook.

The pages of this Bullet Journal are Smyth-sewn, which gives the notebook durability and allows the pages to lay flat. 
The 80gsm ivory pages are dotted, giving them versatility for multiple uses.
The metal page marker is a lovely attachment to this A5 notebook.

To test the 80gsm paper in this Victoria's Journals A5 Bullet Journal, I used a whole page for most of my inked pens. The paper showed the shading in some of my inks, and all of my pens wrote smoothly! There wasn't any feathering or bleeding even with my wettest broad and italic nibs.

Pen and ink tests in Victoria's Journals Smyth Fashion Flexy Dotted Bullet Journal

I love the Smyth Fashion Flexy Dotted Bullet Journal and will use it for journaling and note-taking. I will definitely get some when I use all the pages in it. They are friendly to fountain pens, useful, and handy. Do you want to write on smooth paper and never worry about bleed through and feathering? Get this notebook from Victoria's Journals!


Rants of The Archer thanks Victoria's Journals for providing the Smyth Fashion Flexy Dotted Bullet Journal in this review. Visit their website to learn more about their products and new brand offerings. Victoria's Journals offers worldwide shipping. For more updates, follow Victoria's Journals on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment