Monday, March 10, 2008

My New Pen Holders

I always surprised people when I tell them that I keep two huge pen cases in my bag. Hahaha!!! I don't know, but I have always want my pens (as well as my notebooks) to be with me. So I got two pen cases and crammed all my pens inside. I noticed later on that ugly scratches appear on the pens' barrels, especially on the clear plastic barrel of my G2s.

Several weeks ago, my laundry lady complained about my denims' uncut bottoms. Because most of my jeans are longer than my legs, I need to fold them in every time I'm wearing them so dirt gets trapped inside the folds. Manang kindly volunteered to bring one of her friends who is a mananahi (sewer) to the house to cut my maongs for me. When the mananahi came over, I was in the middle of organizing my pens. All of them were on the floor as I sorted them out. Naturally, she asked about the pens. :)

In the course of our kwentuhan, I mentioned about my problem of finding a good pen holder so my pens won't get those ugly scratches anymore. She told me to buy cloth, any cloth of my choice and she'll do something about my problem. Last week, I passed by Panching's in San Pablo and bought a yard of flannel cloth. I liked flannel because it's soft and not too thick. I gave the cloth to Manang when she took my week's laundry last Saturday. Yesterday afternoon, the mananahi brought me my brand new pen holders.

Isn't it great? I got two pieces of this amazing pen holder.
Both coming from the single yard of cloth I bought.

Here's a more detailed shot:


And this is how it looks when it's bundled and tied up:

Imagine my joy when I placed every single pen into a designated slot in the pen holder. It's a brilliant creation: durable, washable, and very inexpensive!* Now my pens are happier in their new home(s).

* This pen holder can accommodate 12 pens. If anyone wants a similar piece, post a comment or email me, and I'll let you know how you can get hold of one. I promised Manang if people order any, I'll give the proceeds to her. :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:33 AM

    Sorry this is late but does the offer still stand? Can Manang make me a pen wrap? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete