Friday, August 8, 2008

Love That Will Never Grow Old

It's Friday once again.

Come to think of it. It's been six Fridays since I wrote Heartbreak. It's not the same since, and it won't be the same again, but life went on. It will go on.

Though on some occasions, like this morning when I was rummaging through my closet and saw something that reminded me of her, the pain returns, but only a dull ache now exists in my heart.

And because I love her so much, I want to sing this song to her, one that's on the Brokeback Mountain soundtrack: music by Argentine composer Gustavo Santaolalla, lyrics by Bernie Taupin, and performed by Emmylou Harris.



Go to sleep, may your sweet dreams come true
Just lay back in my arms for one more night
I've this crazy old notion that calls me sometimes
Saying this one's the love of our lives.

Cause I know a love that will never grow old
And I know a love that will never grow old.

When you wake up the world may have changed
But trust in me, I'll never falter or fail
Just the smile in your eyes, it can light up the night
And your laughter's like wind in my sails.

Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long
Who cares where we go on this rutted old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:01 PM

    Hello, dropping by here. In case you are interested about the 2008 Beijing Olympic Results, just drop by at our blog. We try to post updated post about the event there. Thanks and see you...

    ReplyDelete